Before establishing my private practice in Excelsior, MN, I provided psychodynamic psychotherapy for two years as a fellow at the Minnesota Psychoanalytic Society and Institute Psychotherapy Center and then four years at Tubman Chrysalis Center, both in Minneapolis. I enjoy working with individuals and couples in a safe, respectful environment in which new insights are discovered that can lead to change and transformation. As a therapist, my style is warm, curious and engaging. The goal of our work together is symptom relief, emotional growth, and personal integration.
Advanced training in:
- Inhibitions in work, creativity, and intimacy
- Compulsivity in work, substance use, and relationships
- Self defeating patterns of relating and behaving in romance and work
- Childhood neglect, physical and sexual abuses, and emotional invalidation
- Lifecycle and developmental crises
- Sexuality, gender, and identity concerns
- Struggles with power, personal authority, and leadership
- Washington Baltimore Center for Psychoanalysis: New Directions Program
- MPSI Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program graduate
- Masters in Clinical Social Work, University of St. Thomas/St. Catherine University
- Masters in Curriculum & Education, University of St. Thomas
- Bachelors of Arts in education, K-12, Hamline University
Sandy Ryan, MSW, LICSW
Forms & Fees
Get in Touch
Thank you for visiting my website.
I encourage you to contact me directly at 612.845.0929 If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment. If you prefer email, simply fill out the form below.